Eventos :: Cursos :: WISE: Women in Science Ecology Seminar.
|The goals of the “WISE” conference include 1) listen to world-known scientists and learn from their careers, 2) discuss key vulnerabilities that stop/difficult women's careers in Ecology, such as invisibility, maternity or abuse, 3) identify activities and protocols to visibilize and protect women’s careers, to be implemented by the different ecological societies 4) promote and reward women ecologists.
Participants will include world-leader ecologists, board members from different European ecological societies, (see below the list of participants)
Guest researcher (Phsysicist): Prof. Dr. Pauline Gagnon, from CERN.
- Signe Normand (Denmark)
- Helen Morlon (France)
- Lee Hsiang Liow (Sweden) (by skype)
- Montserrat Vilá (Spain)
- Catalina Pimiento (UK/Colombia)
- Iria Fdez-Silva (Spain)
- Marcia Barbosa (Portugal)
- Carola Gomez (Spain)
- Natalie Cooper (UK)
- Hazel Norman (Brithish Ecological Society)
- Maria Amélia Martins-Loução (Sociedade Portuguesa de Ecologia)
- Alexandra-Maria Klein GfÖ. (Ecological Society of Germany, Austria and Switzerland)
- Maria Panitsa (Hellenic Ecological Society)
- Soledad de Esteban (European Association of Vertebrate Palaeontologists, EAVP)
- Ana Santos (Portugal) (tentative)